Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Follow Up on Hard Cider #1, June 29th, 2011

My brother and I decided that today would be a good day to follow up on our hard cider. It really hasn't been sitting long enough to have fully finished "maturing", but we were really in the mood to try our cider, so we did. Bauss.


Unfortunately, it almost exploded in our faces. 


I can't wait to drink this awesome cider...



Oh shit!
But that's ok, we just slowly opened the bottle and made sure to hold it over the sink. It was a little messy, but hey, you can't make a great omelet without breaking a few eggs. Eventually the foaming settled down and we were left with this.


It's ok, we weren't comfortable looking at it either.
 When we poured ourselves a glass of El Dorado (sweet name, am I right?), we found that despite just a little bit too much carbonation, it was still as delicious as ever. 


Can I get a "Hell Yeah"?
So in the end it all turned out ok. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bottles don't burst due to excess carbonation. I guess we will just have to drink them sooner. Anyway, the moral is to make sure that fermentation is done before you bottle and to be careful about the amount of priming sugar you use. 


Oh, and always brush your teeth.



No comments:

Post a Comment